Looking for fun projects to do with the kids over the holiday break? Let parents know they're #doingood by disguising a thoughtful letter as a festive origami. It’s such a surprise when they realize this little decoration is filled with so much love.
6" x 6" wrapping paper squares
pen or pencil
1. Make a horizontal fold in the middle of the square that goes from point to point then unfold.
2. Make another horizontal fold below the first about half way between first fold and bottom of square then unfold.
3. Fold bottom corner up so that it touches the middle of the square and leave folded.
4. Fold bottom of square again so that the edge lines up with the middle.
5. Fold bottom of square again so that the edge lines up with the middle.
6. Fold top corner down about an inch.
7. Flip the piece over.
8. Fold the left side down about 1/3 of the width.
9. Flip bottom corner up so that the bottom edge is straight.
10. Fold right side down so that right edge lines up with the left edge.
11. Fold bottom point over to the right.
12. Fold and tuck left-over bottom into the inside of the hat.
13. Flip the piece over.
14. Fold top back and to the right.